Friday, January 11, 2008
Check out my new niece about to make her world debut in about 3 months!
It's Phoenix Evangeline! No seriously! That's gonna be her name. I think I'll call her Eva, for short.
Tuesday, January 08, 2008
MRI dramaSo I just came back from getting an MRI. I've never had one, but I thought it was at least similar to an X-ray. And boy was I wrong.
They strap you down on a bed table and tell you not to move through the whole thing or it has to be done again. The total time is 30 minutes. They press a button, you slide into a giant circle thingy. It's a very enclosed space. You can lick the ceiling of it, if you wanted to. hehe. So then, the doctor goes out of the room and it starts.
The only way I can describe it is if you seen the movie The Exorcist when Linda Blair is strapped down at that mental hospital. And there's this awful banging sounds of some machine... yeah, that is what an MRI sounds like! I was freaking out.. and trying not to move.
Complete Hell for 30 minutes. At one point I was actually counting the seconds, trying to distract myself from the horrible noises. I counted up to 10 minutes and 37 seconds. My limbs were falling asleep, I couldn't stop from breathing so rapidly, and I totally had an itch!!!
And then sometimes the machine would stop, and you would get your hopes up thinking that it's over but it would start up again! Start up again... with a different sound. If you ever got used to one sound, another dissonant one was around the corner.
Saturday, January 05, 2008
jeezToday is a milestone-esque day for me.
Why am I so sad?
Friday, January 04, 2008
so coldIt's too cold! And boring.
So Jason has recommended that I take up video games. I don't know about that. Let's see what the internet has so say about them...
Wednesday, January 02, 2008
dude.Just a little update. I have already been yelled at for not posting religiously, so I guess I'll start now. Here are a few things just to get you people up to speed on my life:
1) Frank's Home Life: I have so much time on my hands (see: work life). The internet has lost pretty much all of its sparkle to me. I feel like that robot, Johnny Five... I need input!
In other home news, OMG you guys! I'm sure that Jason will have a drama-infused blog about it very soon though. We had/have/seriously had a mouse in the condo! Usually only Amanda Bynes, Gay Cowboys, or a combination of the two can make Jason turn into a 11-and-a-half year old tween. teehee.
2) Frank's Work Life: As some of you know, I was in a work-related injury a while back. Well not much as change. I'm still not allowed back at work till I get the okay from my doctor. The good news is that the insurance people finally accepted my claim. Jeez, it took them 3 weeks! Hopefully I'll get back at work by the 9th of January, which is awesome cause I'm getting insanely bored at home all day. It's so not as much fun as you would think.
Yeah, so this little "break" from work as sorta gave me the courage to finally get off my ass and start thinking of what I really want to do. Rough draft plans are being sorted out, and I'll key you guys in when I make decisions in ink.
3) Frank's Romantic Life: Oh man, I have been playing it safe for a few years now. Every date I went on I've had my guard up. I have met a special person that has seen through all the BS I shell out. We are actually creeping up on that "One-Year" mark in the relationship. Naturally I'm completely freaked out about it, but I think things are going to go well.
I haven't really integrated him into my life completely, even though we have been together for so long. I guess I'm still trying to keep my defenses up just a little while longer. If you know me well, you know I don't mix my romantic stuff with my friends, family or work very often. I feel more comfortable with all them separated.
I guess that is one thing. I like to keep them separated, and he likes them all mixed. I think in the end it's better to be a more fluid person that it is to be a compartmentalized one. I think he's good for me.
4) Frank's Friends Life: If everything else wasn't so organized by group, this one definitely is. It's been a long time since I've had this many groupings of friends in my life at one point. I have my inner friends, my college friends, my old work friends, my new work friends, my BFs old friends, my BFs new friends, and my "friends that are only friends cause they are insanely fun" friends.
Yeah, I really can't mix these people together. Last time I did that it was the Gingerbread fiasco of 06. Just because we ditched the party early, stole half of the gingerhouse and threw it at Borders while driving slightly intoxicated doesn't make it a bad time! Yeah, Devon still curses me for that party. Even though one year she totally broke a bottle of red wine on my kitchen floor! ARGH!
5) Frank's Family Life: I guess I can sum this up with everything is going alot better than it was earlier in the year. My sister has moved back to Texas from Florida. She's like 6 months pregnant, and living with my Mom. Yeah, they don't get along. You would think that both of their maternal instincts would kick in, but nothing. I'm hoping that it'll happen soon.
6) Frank's Life Life: My New Years resolutions this year have nothing to do with my love life or weight, which is so unlike me. It's mostly "be happy" type things. And I think I have much to be happy about this time around.
Well. Here I go. Onward to 2008!
Welcome to Frank's blog-- egocentrically yours! I'm a college graduate from Dallas, Texas. Get some insight on frank. Learn the frank. Know the frank. Apply the frank to real-life situations. Praise the frank.
=the good stuff=
from Apple to Microsoft
the new job search
posting... as promised
|maystar designs | maystar designs | maystar designs|