.................................................
Friday, January 26, 2007

Ft Worth

Yeah, so I was at Ft Worth on Monday.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Did I mention I had to get up at 6am? Did I also mention that I had to carpool with the boss? You know, the one I can't stand. so yeah.

Funtimes.

Luckily I had my trusty Ipod Video with me. If it didn't pay for itself already, it sure did that day.

Anywho. The Ft Worth store was closing and people were called in to help with the packup. Did I mention that all the General Managers in the surrounding areas were required to attend? Did I also mention that the employee's attendance was strictly on a volunteer basis? That is with the exception of our store. I felt like that Daria episode were Principal Mrs. Lee made Jane and Daria submit their artwork in that contest. "Your daughter refused to participate in this voluntary event, so I made it mandatory!"

There were 5 of us there... All the other stores attendance was 2 tops. I was so bad.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting So I was "assigned" to box making with some other girl [I totally thought she was a lesbian, but then she started talking about her daughter and baby's daddy. Wow, my LEZdar is so off]. At one point my manager come by to do some much needed mirco-managing. "It would be more efficient if you do [this or that]" I just replied with "Sorry, I guess I must of dozed off at the all important 'box making' part of my training"

It got a few laughs.

The day wasn't a complete bust. Free lunch at Chili's. But I did figure out that alot of Border's people are socially nerdy.. and just plain nerdy too. If it wasn't for my favorite real lesbian coworker, I wouldn't of had any fun. We talked about The L Word and Booze.

Labels: ,




posted at 5:05 PM | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




=about me=

Welcome to Frank's blog-- egocentrically yours! I'm a college graduate from Dallas, Texas. Get some insight on frank. Learn the frank. Know the frank. Apply the frank to real-life situations. Praise the frank.


=the good stuff=

=previous posts=

=archives=

Site Meter
maystar designs | maystar designs | maystar designs
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com